St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Edneyville, North Carolina is pleased and grateful to announce that the church has received a grant from the Episcopal Foundation of the Diocese of Western North Carolina in the amount of $9,115.00. The grant funds repairs to St. Paul’s Rectory which returns the Rectory to good condition.
St. Paul’s parish was founded in 1885 and the current stone church was completed in 1910. Subsequently a Parish Hall and the Rectory were constructed. The grant covered work necessary to bring the Rectory in compliance with building codes.
The Episcopal Foundation of the Diocese of Western North Carolina was founded in 1963 by Bishop Henry with an initial gift from Mr. Charles Timson who was also the major benefactor for Deerfield Retirement Community. The Foundation uses the income from its investments primarily to give grants to Episcopal parishes and institutions for building programs, renovations and major repairs.